The leading SSL Provider offers Free Antivirus, Internet Security, Firewall, Endpoint Security and other PC Security software for Windows & all OS. In this post I will write about the process importing your SSL Certificate to AWS. The Certificate can be used with all services.
This days Comodo will provide you with two files and not four as it used to be. And lots of tutorials explain how to do it with four instead of two files. You will probably get yourself confused searching online for the solution and not getting the right answer. Don’t worry, I was confused and also frustrated too, but I finally did it. As a result, I imported the certificate successfully. 😀
So after you get your certificate from Comodo you will get a .zip file with two files in it one with.crt and one with .ca-bundle extension.
AWS Certificate Manager
Follow the next step for importing/installing your Comodo SSL Certificate to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extract the .zip file.
- Navigate to the extracted folder.
- Open those files with an text editor, I used Sublime Text editor.
- Log in to your AWS Console.
- Navigate to Certificate Manager (you can easily find it using the AWS services, search just by typing Certificate Manager).
- Important switch to region on which you’ll be using the certificate
- Choose Import a certificate.
- Do the following
- In Certificate body, paste the text from “yourdomain_com. cart”.
- For Certificate private key, paste the private key.
- (Optional) For Certificate chain, paste everything from “yourdomain_com.ca-bundle”.
- Choose Review and import.
- Review the information about your certificate, finally choose Import.
Congratulations seems like you did it, at least I hope so. I had problems with this therefore I wrote this to help you. 😀
Would you like to add something? Write it in a comment.