Infographic brought to you by Wrike tools for project planning Continue reading “The State of Project Management in 2015”
Employees often have to juggle their work’s demands on their cellphone with personal phone use. Using a single phone for both purposes means giving your company’s IT staff access to your personal photos and data Continue reading “Android for Work Features That Can Help Your Business”
Cyberattack? Why in the world would a small business need to make tech security a priority? Aren’t hackers only looking to steal information from large corporations like Target or Neiman Marcus? This is the mindset of many small business owners. They make several assumptions with this line of thinking. First, that their business is “too small” to be of any interest to a hacker. Secondly, that hackers are the only way in which their files can be compromised.
Lax Attitudes are Bad for Business
Making these types of assumptions will only result in bad news for your business. Lost or damaged data will lead to wasted time, decreased productivity, increased expenses, and the possibility of a ruined reputation. While larger businesses might be able to bounce back from something like that, smaller businesses are less likely to survive the costs of a data breach.
That’s why it’s simply best to be informed so that you can make the best decisions as it pertains to data security. Of course one of the best ways to get informed is to learn from the mistakes of others. Below are some of the most common mistakes small businesses make when it comes to IT security.
1. Not Preparing for the Worst – The hope is that by employing new tech security approaches, your data will be safe from harm. The reality, however, is that nothing is 100% foolproof. There is always the potential that something could go wrong, and you need to be prepared for that. Not only should you be creating a plan of action to secure and protect your data, but you should also be looking into a resolution plan such as a hard drive recovery service that can help you retrieve data quickly in the event of a disaster.
2. Not Having a Security Policy – Policies are designed to keep order and ensure that everyone is on the same page. Whether you have a staff of one or one hundred, it is imperative that you have a security policy in place. The policy needs to be detailed so that your employees know what should and should not be done with company data and devices or networks.
3. Failing to Educate Staff – To assume that your staff knows what security measures to take while utilizing company sponsored devices or networks is a big mistake. Security risks are constantly changing, and it is imperative that you keep your staff informed. Human error can quickly lead to a huge mistake that costs you thousands of dollars to repair. Investing in a security awareness program for your employees is worth it to avoid or minimize your risks.
4. Mismanagement of Accessibility – When company databases and software can be accessed by anyone, anywhere, you leave your business open to disaster. Employees, vendors, and even customers can log on to your database from virtually anywhere and cause havoc. It is best to restrict access and monitor it so that too many hands aren’t able to mess with important data.
5. Relying Solely on Consumer Grade Products – As a small business owner with a tight budget, it can be pretty tempting to use the latest free or affordable network security product on the market for consumers. After all, it’s a lot cheaper than commercial grade products. Be that as it may, when you’re collecting and storing a lot of sensitive data it is imperative that you utilize tech security products and services that are designed for businesses.
6. Neglecting Updates – When it comes to updating software it can be a real pain. Many times you have to stop what you’re doing and log off while the computer updates, which can slow you down. The truth is, however, that updates are necessary for protecting your data. Hackers are constantly looking for ways to break into operating systems, software, and plug-ins so that they can steal information. Updates, therefore, ensure that your software is up to date on the latest “hacking trends.”
7. Improper Disposal of Data – There comes a point when you’re going to throw away the old information (or devices) you have. Maybe you need new computers, or you’re eliminating your paper files. Whatever the case is, if you don’t properly dispose of them your data can still be compromised. Deleting files and throwing away paper is not enough. A secure plan needs to be implemented that would include wiping out the system on technological devices and shredding of physical documents.
Avoiding cyber security breaches is not all about installing the best antivirus software. It requires a strategic plan to minimize vulnerabilities and recover should a breach occur. In most instances, this requires a few simple steps and adjustments to how you’re presently using your data and technological devices. Keep each of these mistakes in mind as you begin to develop a security awareness program and subsequent policies for your business.
brought to you by Wrike online team project management Continue reading “Give Your Creativity a Boost Using the B.U.I.L.D. Model”
1) HTML5 levitra versus viagra Test
The HTML5 test score is an indication of how well your browser supports the upcoming HTML5 standard and related specifications. Even though the specification isn’t finalized yet, all how to determine cialis dosage major browser manufacturers are making sure their browser is ready for the future. Find out which parts of HTML5 are already supported by your browser today and compare the results with other browsers.
2) Switch to HTML5
3) HTML5 Visual Cheat Sheet
Initializr is an HTML5 templates generator to help you
getting started with a cialis walgreens new project based on HTML5 Boilerplate. It generates for you a clean customizable template with just what you need to start!
5) HTML5 Demos
6) HTML5 Canvas Cheat Sheet
LimeJS is a HTML5 game framework for building fast, native-experience games for all modern touch screens order.
8) HTML5 Reset
Infographic brought to
you by Wrike online project management and collaboration
It is known to all that in present budgetary and financial emergencies, it is genuinely difficult to profit through average jobs. Extra salary is required as well as additional unwinding and opportunity of money is likewise required by every single individual on Earth. This is the motivation behind why more than twenty million of US occupants are some way or another connected with home based employments. The vast majority of these home based jobs are data entry employments. The motivation behind why you can see greatest populace in this classification is the effortlessness and genuine opportunity and adaptability. Home based data entry jobs are nothing not exactly a gift in such urgent emergencies.
Wearing sweatpants out in public is a treat and requires a certain sense of style. Just because you’re a male who is wearing your sweatpants to a movie that doesn’t mean you need to look like a slob. Sporting sweatpants in public is actually a rising trend amongst celebrities and the likes. You will find stars like Ashton Kutcher, Chris Evans and Jamie Dornan sporting the whole comfortable sweatpants look. Getting out in sweatpants is something even you can do, but keep in mind these rules to prevent a fashion faux pas.